River City ~ Dispatches from Austin

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Aftermath

I've pretty much recovered from South by Southwest, but I've purposely done absolutely nothing interesting since then. Just to kind of wipe the slate clean, I suppose. It's still the concert season, so I'll try to check some bands out in the coming weeks and post a few reviews here.

Thank you to those of you who read my SXSW experiences, and dropped me an email. I want to invite anyone to submit your own reviews, or plug your band and some upcoming shows (probably best if you just send Austin shows for now, to keep things sane). This blog is actually getting a few hits, so you might pick up a few more people to come see your gig.

I just read that pinback is coming to Emo's on May 14. Emo's tends to eat bands that I like. They've eaten pinback before, as a matter of fact - I watched a show plagued by sound troubles and all around bad acoustics a year ago, hoping against hope that they would come to the Parish or some other venue. Nothing against Emo's - it just doesn't fit their sound. So I'll have to decide whether to suck it up and give it one more chance. Guess I've got a while to think about it.

Until next time, keep watching the skies!

1 Comments:

  • A Little Daily Motivation.. Do we seek recognition Daily,weekly or yearly. I have been interested in working and recognition for years now. I am driven to success by the master teachers from the past. I really enjoy people like Wayne Dyer, Greg Vanden Berge and Tony Robbins. Im writing to this blog for selfish reasons, I want to see everyone live the life of their dreams. I am Living my life to the fullest and it is due to a book writen by Greg Vanden Berge . Master Goal Achiever and Author of Start Living Your Dreams Today.. A Great Book from the masters.. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home